Search here for what you are looking for:
Extruded polystyrene foam board, referred to as extruded board, also known as XPS board. The XPS board is made of polystyrene resin supplemented by polymer. While heating and mixing, the catalyst (such as freon, butane and carbon dioxide CO2, etc.) is injected, and then the continuous closed-cell foamed rigid foam board is extruded. The hard film formed on the surface is uniform and flat, and the inside is an independent closed bubble structure.
1. Extruded Polystyrene Foam Board Definition
Extruded polystyrene foam board, referred to as extruded board, also known as XPS board. The XPS board is made of polystyrene resin supplemented by polymer. While heating and mixing, the catalyst (such as freon, butane and carbon dioxide CO2, etc.) is injected, and then the continuous closed-cell foamed rigid foam board is extruded. The hard film formed on the surface is uniform and flat, and the inside is an independent closed bubble structure. It is a kind of environmentally friendly insulation material with excellent performance, for example, high pressure resistance, non-absorbent, moisture-proof, air-tight and wear-resistant, light weight, corrosion resistance, and super anti-aging (long-term use), no degradation, and low thermal conductivity, etc.
2. Extruded Polystyrene Foam Board Main characters
Compared with EPS polystyrene foam plastic board, its strength, heat preservation and resistance to water vapor penetration have been greatly improved. It can still maintain its thermal insulation performance and compressive strength completely under water immersion conditions, and is particularly suitable for heat insulation, heat preservation and moisture-proof treatment of buildings. It is one of the most inexpensive construction materials in the current construction industry.
(1) Unparalleled thermal insulation performance
The thermal conductivity of polystyrene foam board is less than or equal to 0.028w/mk, which is much lower than other insulation materials. In engineering, materials with thermal conductivity less than 0.25w/mk are usually used as insulation (heat insulation) materials, so it has high thermal resistance and low features of linear expansion rate. Thermal insulation, unparalleled effect.
(2) Infallible water absorption
As a perfect thermal insulation material, water absorption is an extremely important technical indicator. High water absorption will lead to poor thermal insulation performance. The extruded board has a complete closed-cell structure, and there are no gaps on both sides of the board. So that moisture caused by water leakage, condensation and freezing/thawing cycles is impermeability. So it can effectively prevent the entry of water molecules (water absorption ≤ 1.0%), so the board cannot be aged, means the insulation layer will lose its insulation effect over time, further causing the insulation structure layer to need to be renovated. The closed cell structure of XPS board can effectively prevent the penetration of water molecules (including water vapor). Even if it is mechanically damaged during construction, XPS board can effectively maintain low water absorption due to its tight honeycomb structure. Because it effectively prevents the penetration of water molecules and has no hydrophilicity, it is almost impossible to cause aging, and it has almost the same life span as buildings.
(3) Excellent long-lasting insulation performance
Low thermal conductivity is a requirement for all insulation materials. XPS board is made of polystyrene (PS). It is well known that polystyrene itself is an excellent insulation material, and it is produced by extrusion type. The compact closed-cell honeycomb condenser is more effective in preventing heat conduction.
(4) Unexpected compression performance
XPS extruded board is a kind of light and high-strength board, the compressive strength can be as high as 350KPa when the density does not exceed 40kg per cubic. It can be used in buildings to obtain good impact resistance. The excellent compressive performance of XPS extruded board is almost unchanged even if it is immersed in water, which is not found in other insulation materials.
(5)Good flame retardant
Provide ordinary and flame-retardant products according to user requirements, which can fully meet the flame-retardant performance requirements of thermal insulation products in factories, stadiums, and exhibition centers.
(6) High-quality environmentally friendly products
XPS extruded board has stable chemical properties, no harmful substances volatilization, no decomposition or mildew, and good corrosion resistance. In the production process of XPS extruded board, environmentally friendly raw materials are used, no harmful gas is generated, and the environmental protection concept is also reflected in the production process. The solid waste generated can be recycled and processed, and it is a recyclable environmentally friendly product.
(7) Convenient construction and low cost
Because of its light weight, it is easy to carry and cut, without an electric saw, and simple to fix. It can be fixed with only iron sheet and iron wire plastic adhesive polymer mortar, so the cost of construction can be greatly reduced.
3. Main application
(1) It is widely used for heat preservation, heat insulation, waterproof and sound insulation of external walls, internal walls, flat concrete roofs and steel structure roofs.
(2) Using its moisture-proof and thermal insulation properties, it is used in low-temperature storage ground, parking platforms, airport runways, viaducts, cross-sea bridges, highways, high-speed railways and other fields. Control the frost heave and subsidence of the ground and extend its service life.
(3) It is widely used in the insulation layer of heating pipelines, factory pipelines, geothermal engineering, cold storage, refrigerated cars and refrigerators.
(1) Application of XPS Board in water conveyance channel in South-to-North Water Transfer Project
(2) Application of XPS board on the external wall of buildings
(3) Application of XPS board in moisture-proof, heat preservation and floor heating projects on the bottom
(4) Application of XPS board on foundation